Friday, November 18, 2005

Rail Payanangal


Ever since i came to delhi in 1995 i have become a compulsive traveller.I made a rough calculation about my train travails and i found out that i have spent a minimum of one year of my life on trains!! Initially i used to enjoy interaction with the fellow travellers.But soon i started getting bored as everything started falling in to a pattern. From the looks and a few minutes observation i could make out the contours of the conversation that is posible in a day or two of our sharing of small space. So nowadays i observe mouna viratham on my travels and divide my time between books and overhearing others talk.The past few weeks have been hectic and i could not find time even to surf and blog.I am happy that atlast somebody had faith in my creativity and i am indebted to bindu for giving me an opportunity. But alas i was bowled out by that googhly.In the past couple of months i have had the fortune to traverse the length and breadth of our forsaken land and instead of trumpeting about the places i shall give only the itinery.


Delhi-Dehradun-Mussoorie

Mussoorie-Shimla-Sangla(one day drive from shimla along the sutlej)henceforth by trek-Rupin Pass(5400 mts)-Jhaka(H.P)-Naitwar(uttranchal)trek ends-mussoorie

Mussoorie-Delhi-Hoshangabad(M.P)-Tawa tiger reserve-Hoshangabad-Delhi-Mussoorie

Mussoorie-Delhi-Erode

Erode-Chennai-Delhi

Delhi-Ahmedabad-Somnath-Diu-Gir Sanctuary-Ahmedabad-Delhi

Delhi-Kota-Neemuch(M.P)-Chittor-Udaipur-Mt.Abu-Delhi

Delhi-Hyderabad-Delhi

Delhi-Agra-Fathepur Sikri-Delhi

Delhi-Indore-Mandu fort-Ujjain-Delhi

Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi

Delhi-Coimbatore-Madurai-Tuticorin-Delhi

Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi

Delhi-Bangalore-Erode-Madurai-Tuticorin-Chennai-Delhi

Delhi-Agra-Fathepur Sikri-Delhi

1 Comments:

Blogger bindhu said...

You seemed to have travelled so much. My rail payanangal have always been pleasant and mostly enjoyable. (Think that its because I don't get to travel in long distance trains much)..

But I guess it depends a lot on our mood also. There have been days when I just take a pack of chips, walkman and a nove; and sit like a zombie.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home